2021 Digital Marketing Conferences – 400+ Events Yearly (+Discounts)
Welcome to the big list. This page is updated weekly, year after year. Now with virtual events!
last updated: March 5, 2021
Say “hi!” Sean O’Rourke, publisher of this list, will be attending the following events.
Thanks to the sponsors who support our endless research.
Save $50 w/ code MTMAR50 – digitalsummit.com
|Mar 1-5||Podfest Global Summit||Podcasting||online||$49|
|Mar 2-3||DX3 Canada||Retail||Toronto, Canada||$29|
|Mar 2-4||Ecommerce Expo UK: Virtual||Retail||online||free|
|Mar 4-5||Digital Analytics Hub: Virtual||Analytics||online||$60|
|Mar 9-11||eTail Germany||Retail||online||invite|
|Mar 10-12||Digiday Media Buying Summit Live||Advertising||online||$249|
|Mar 10-12||GDS Digital Marketing Summit: North America||Digital||online||invite|
|Mar 16-20||SXSW Online||Misc.||online||$249|
|Mar 16||Ragan’s Social Media & Digital Communications||Social||online||$799|
|Mar 16-18||Digital Travel MEA||Industry||Dubai, UAE||$1,499|
|Mar 16||International Search Summit: Munich||SEO||online||€299|
|Mar 17-18||SMX Munchen||SEO||online||€299|
|Mar 17-18||IRX & eDX||Retail||Birmingham, UK||free|
|Mar 24-25||#DMWF North America||Digital||online||invite|
|Mar 24-26||Digiday Glossy Modern Commerce Forum Live||Industry||online||$139|
|Mar 25-26||BrightonSEO||Search||not yet|
|Mar 25||The MarTech Summit: Virtual Europe||MarTech||online||not yet|
|Mar 29-31||Digital Summit at Home: Small + Medium Business Marketing||Digital||online||$195|
|Save $50 Digital Summit’s March event with code MTMAR50|
|Mar 29-31||Retail Global||Retail||Gold Coast, Australia||A$540|
|Apr 6-8||Content 360 Week (Singapore)||Content||online||$599|
|Apr 7-8||MarketingProfs B2B Forum||B2B||online||$595|
|Apr 10||Email Marketing Virtual Expo||online||$50|
|Apr 12-23||Digital City Festival||Digital||online||?|
|Apr 12-May 11||#MarTechFest Dial Up||MarTech||online||£99|
|Apr 15||Boost (by TNW)||Digital||online||€100|
|Apr 20-21||Conductor C3||SEO||online||$0 ?|
|Apr 21-22||EiQ: The Intelligent Email Gathering||online||$0 to $175|
|Apr 21-23||Digiday Modern Retail Summit Live||Retail||online||$199|
|Apr 26||Midwest Digital Marketing Conference (MDMC)||Digital||online||$99|
|Apr 26-27||SearchLove New York||Search||New York, NY||$1,299|
|Apr 26-29||Digital Marketing Europe 2021||Digital||online||free|
|Apr 27-28||Adobe Summit||Digital||online||free|
|Apr 27-29||Content Marketing Conference||Content||online||$799|
|Apr 27-29||Digital Summit at Home: Associations, Non-Profits + Community Marketing||Digital||online||$175|
|Apr 27-28||Savant eCommerce Stockholm||Retail||Stockholm, Sweden||€699|
|May 4-7||Social Media Week – New York||Social||online||$299|
|May 5-7||ANA Email Evolution Conference||Bonita Springs, FL||$1,549|
|May 11-12||C3 (Conductor)||Search||New York, NY||$599|
|May 11||Advanced Email Conference||London, UK or online||£599|
|May 11-13||PI LIVE Global||Affiliate||online||not yet|
|May 12-13||Social Media for Government||Social||online||$699|
|May 17-18||Interact 21||Digital||Columbus, OH||$460|
|May 17-19||Digiday Programmatic Marketing Summit Live||Advertising||online||$199|
|May 17-19||iMedia Online Retail Summit: New Zealand||Retail||Lake Taupo, New Zealand||invite|
|May 18-19||SMX London||Search||London, UK||not yet|
|May 18||Pharmaceutical Social Media Conference||Industry||London, UK or online||£619|
|May 18-19||Savant eCommerce Berlin||Retail||Berlin, Germany||not yet|
|May 18-19||eTail Asia Virtual Summit||Retail||online||not yet|
|Apr 25-27||Digital Summit at Home: B2B Marketing||B2B||online||$145|
|Apr 25-27||Programmatic Pioneers Summit||Advertising||online||free|
|May 27||E-Commerce Berlin Expo||Retail||Berlin, Germany||not yet|
Network with search industry leaders at one of the finest resorts in Napa Valley. advancedsearchsummit.com
|Apr 1||Digital Travel Summit APAC||Travel||online||not yet|
|Jun 2-3||HeroConf: Austin||PPC||Austin, TX||$1,200|
|Jun 2-3||#DMWF Global 2021||Digital||London, UK and online||£999 / £200|
|Jun 6-8||NRF2021: Chapter Two||Retail||New York, NY||free/ $1,050|
|Jun 7-9||iMedia Online Retail Summit: Pure Play||Retail||Gold Coast, Australia||invite|
|Jun 8-11||Social Media Strategies Summit||Social||online||$799|
|Jun 8-10||ContentTech Summit||Content||online||$799|
|Jun 9-11||Advanced Search Summit||Digital||Napa, CA||$899|
|Advanced Search Summit discount code: MT200 for $200 off|
|Jun 9-11||Digiday: Amazon Strategies Virtual Forum||Retail||online||$249|
|Jun 10-13||PodFest 2021||Podcasting||Orlando, FL||$247|
|Jun 10-12||Digital Elite Camp||Digital||Laulasmaa, Estonia||not yet|
|Jun 15-17||Web a Quebec 21||Digital||Canada, Quebec||not yet|
|Jun 15-16||Savant eCommerce London||Retail||London, UK||not yet|
|Jun 18||MNSearch Summit||Search||St. Paul, MN||not yet|
|Jun 22-23||Grow New York||Retail||New York, NY||invite|
|Jun 22-23||The MarTech Summit: Singapore||MarTech||Singapore||$795|
|Jun 30-Jul 3||London Affiliate Conference||Affiliate||London, UK||not yet|
|Aug 3-6||Podcast Movement||Podcasting||Nashville, TN||$175|
|Aug 5-6||Engage Conference 2021||Digital||Portland, OR||$579|
|Aug 9-11||iMedia Online Retail Summit Australia||Retail||Gold Coast, Australia||invite||Aug 18-19||#DMWF Asia 2021||Digital||Marina Bay Sands, Singapore||not yet|
|Aug 18-19||The MarTech Summit: Hong Kong||MarTech||Hong Kong||$795|
|Aug 27||Utah DMC Digital Marketing Conference||Digital||Salt Lake City, UT||$499|
|Sep 2||Growth Marketing Summit||Digital||Frankfurt, Germany||€799|
|Sep 6-7||DeepSEO Conference||Search||Ensenada, Mexico||$150|
|Sep 8-10||Ragan’s Social Media Conference||Social||Disney World, FL||$1,649|
|Sep 9-11||Indie Pod Con 7||Podcasting||Swedesboro, NJ||$199|
|Sep 13-15||Traffic & Conversion Summit||Conversion||San Diego, CA||$1,995|
|Sep 14-15||Savant eCommerce Amsterdam||Retail||Amsterdam, Netherlands||not yet|
|Sep 20-22||Localogy 2021||Local||Hollywood, CA||$1,299|
|Sep 22-23||#DMWF North America West||Digital||Santa Clara, CA||not yet|
|Sep 22-25||FinCon 2021||Industry||Austin, TX or online||$250|
|Sep 25-Oct 1||Content Marketing World||Content||Cleveland, OH or online||$799 / $1,599|
|Sep 25-Oct 1||iGB Affiliate Amsterdam||Affiliate||Amsterdam, Netherlands||not yet|
|Sep 29-30||Ecommerce Expo||Retail||London, UK||free|
|Oct 5-6||Savant eCommerce Barcelona 2021||Retail||Barcelona, Spain||not yet|
|Oct 11-12||Hero Conf London||PPC||London, UK||not yet|
|Oct 15-16||ADworld Experience||PPC||Bologna, Italy or online||not yet|
|Oct 19-20||PI LIVE London||Affiliate||London, UK||not yet|
|Oct 20-21||The MarTech Summit: Bangkok||MarTech||Bangkok, Thailand||$595|
|Oct 22||#MarTechFest Global||MarTech||London, UK||not yet|
|Oct 25-27||iMedia Programmatic & Digital Ad Summit: Australia||Advertising||Gold Coast, Australia||invite|
|Nov 1-3||Affiliate Summit West||Affiliate||Las Vegas, NV||not yet|
|Nov 1-4||Web Summit||Other||Lisbon, Portugal||not yet|
|Nov 7-8||DMIEXPO: Digital & Affiliate Conference||Digital||Tel-Aviv, Israel||$695|
|Nov 11-12||iMedia Programmatic & Digital Ad Summit: New Zealand||Advertising||Lake Taupo, New Zealand||not yet|
|Nov 13-15||Youpreneur Summit||Digital||London, UK||not yet|
|Nov 17-18||The MarTech Summit: London||MarTech||London, UK||£595|
|Nov 23-24||#DMWF Europe 2021||Digital||Amsterdam, Netherlands||€699|
Q & A
about this page…
What makes this conference list different/better?
We show up every week, usually multiple times per week, year after year. This has many implications:
- We are the first to list many conferences, so you can plan more efficiently and catch more early-bird deals.
- We don’t publish in January and walk away, so you won’t be stuck with an outdated resource mid-year.
- We also don’t hold back next year’s listings until next year, so you’re free to make longer-term plans.
What are the criteria to be included on this list?
At a high level, we’re looking for events that are relevant and noteworthy.
- Relevant means being primarily about digital marketing or some aspect of digital marketing. There are a few exceptions, events that are more general but that many people plan around (i.e. SXSW), but we try to keep them to a minimum.
- Noteworthy means a conference of a decent size that is primarily for learning and networking. This typically does not include smaller workshops, meetups, and company-specific events that are unlikely to be of interest to a wider audience.
Why the ads?
This is one of those rare times when ads add to the content. Astute readers will note that most ads come with MT-specific discount codes.
Who is the author?
Sean O’Rourke, publisher of MarketingTerms.com and owner of Cleanup Interactive. I don’t publish as many posts as when blogging was new, but on key resources like this, I go obsessively deep.
What are the best digital marketing conferences to attend?
There is no one best conference for everyone, it depends on who you are and what you want. Here are some ways to think about your preferences:
- General vs. Focused – do you want a variety of digital marketing topics, or would you rather go deep into one topic?
- Strategy vs. Tactical – do you respond more to inspirational and big-picture talks, or do you prefer more practical?
- Bigger vs. Smaller and Multi Track vs. Single Track – for you, does more = more opportunities, or more overwhelming?
- Speaker Lineups – how many speakers do you know are good, also how many are high-level/celebrity vs. practitioners?
How can I find the best digital marketing conferences for me?
Here’s how to narrow down 400+ events to a more manageable short list of candidates:
- First, focus on the variable that will eliminate the most conferences. Often this will be the location (city, region or country) or specialty topic (PPC, email, analytics etc.)
- Next, focus on non-negotiable disqualifiers. For many people, this include a price limit.
- Once you have a short list of events, get all the info you can from the official websites. Also look at social media accounts, hashtags or other conversation about the brand.
These events can get expensive. How can I save money?
We hear you! Here are 5 ways to get more for your conference cash.
- Pay attention to the price column above, where each currency symbol represents a $500 range, i.e. $ = $500 to $999.
- Take advantage of early-bird discounts! These can often save 50% of the door price.
- Look for discount codes, many conferences have them. We have listed several MT-specific codes here. Other discounts may be found on MarketingDiscounts.io or carefully-constructed Twitter searches.
- If you are not self-employed, try to get work to pay for it. There are many articles available on how to justify the cost.
- If needed, get scrappy. For example, see if the conference needs any volunteers.
How can I submit my conference for consideration?
Go to this form and enter the relevant information about your event.
NRF Retail’s The Big Show
eCommerce Innovation Summit
The 10x E-commerce Event
Mobile Marketing Retail Summit
Mobile Shopping Europe
Omni Channel Retail Summit
SMX (Search Marketing Expo)
Pubcon (SEO & Digital Marketing)
SearchLove (by Distilled)
International Search Conference
Search Insiders Summit
SEMO Search Industry Forum
Search Marketing Summit Australia
Social Media Week
Social Media Strategies Summit
Social Media Marketing World
Social Tools Summit
Incite Corporate Social Media Summit
Social Media & Web Analytics Innovation
The Social Shake-Up
SocialPro (by Marketing Land)
Social Media Camp