2020-2021 Digital Marketing Conferences – 400+ Events Yearly (+Discounts)
Welcome to the big list. This page is updated multiple times per week, year after year.
We’re now tracking virtual digital marketing events! (highlighted in yellow)
last updated: Oct 31, 2020
Say “hi!” Sean O’Rourke, publisher of this list, will be attending the following events.
Thanks to the sponsors who support our endless research.
|Nov 2-4||Ad World Conference 2020||Advertising||online||$299|
|Nov 2||Brand Safety Summit||Advertising||online||$99|
|Nov 2-5||Web Summit||Digital||online||€149|
|Nov 3-5||Programmatic Pioneers Summit||Advertising||online||free|
|Nov 3-4||Digital Travel Summit Europe||Industry||online||free|
|Nov 4-5||B2B Marketing Forum 2020||B2B||online||$595|
|Nov 4-5||MGS Global Virtual Conference 2.0||Mobile||online||$75|
|Nov 4-6||Content Marketing Summit: Singapore||Content||online||S$50|
|Nov 5-6||Reuters Events: Strategic Marketing USA||Brands||online||$699|
|Nov 6||Email Marketing Summit Australia||online||free|
|Nov 10-12||SMXL Milan||Digital||online||€190|
|Nov 11||The Virtual MarTech Summit||MarTech||online||free*|
|Nov 16-18||Digiday Programmatic Marketing Summit||Advertising||online||$249|
|Nov 16-18||Healthcare Internet Conference||Industry||online||$499|
|Nov 17-18||Digital Marketing for Financial Services Summit||Industry||online||$499|
|Nov 17-19||eTail Asia||Retail||online||free|
|Nov 18-19||Marketing Technology Expo||MarTech||online||free|
|Nov 18-19||B2B Marketing Expo||MarTech||online||free|
|Nov 19-21||WMF | We Make Future||Digital||online||€99|
|Nov 24-25||#DMWF Europe||Digital||online||invite|
|Nov 24-25||State of Social 20||Social||Perth, Australia / online||A$935|
|Dec 1-3||Gartner Marketing Symposium Xpo||Marketing||online||$1.450|
|Nov 2-5||Web Summit||Digital||online||€149|
|Dec 2||#DMWF Asia||Digital||online||$1,115|
|Dec 3||App Promotion Summit: Berlin (WFH)||Mobile||online||free*|
|Dec 8-10||Digital Marketing At Home||Digital||online||$175|
|Dec 8-10||Social Fresh||Social||online||$997|
|Dec 8-9||SMX Fall||Search||online||$249|
|Dec 8-9||ANA Influencer Marketing Conference||Social||online||$299|
|Dec 8-9||Digital Travel APAC||Industry||online||$1,499|
|Dec 15-17||Traffic & Conversion Summit||Digital||online||$195|
|Feb 1-5||SUPERWEEK Hungary||Analytics||Budapest, Hungary||€1780|
|Feb 2-4||Affiliate Summit West||Affiliate||Las Vegas, NV||not yet|
|Feb 2-3||Savant eCommerce Stockholm||Retail||Stockholm, Sweden||€699|
|Feb 3-4||The MarTech Summit: Hong Kong||MarTech||Hong Kong||$795|
|The MarTech Summit: Hong Kong discount code: MTERM200 for $200 off any ticket|
|Feb 9-10||Digital Food & Beverage EU||Industry||London, UK||not yet|
|Feb 10-11||MGS21 (Mobile Growth Association)||Mobile||online||not yet|
|Feb 18||E-Commerce Berlin Expo||Retail||Berlin, Germany||not yet|
|Feb 22-25||eTail Palm Springs||Retail||Palm Springs, CA||not yet|
|Feb 22-24||B2B Marketing Exchange||B2B||Scottsdale||not yet|
|Feb 23-24||eTail Connect Spring||Retail||Twickenham, UK||invite|
|Feb 24-25||Digital Marketing for Financial Services West Summit||Industry||San Francisco, CA||not yet|
|Feb 28-Mar 2||Social Media Marketing World||Social||San Diego, CA||$1,697|
|Mar 2-3||DX3 Canada||Retail||Toronto, Canada||not yet|
|Mar 4||MGS India 21 (Mobile Growth Association)||Mobile||online||not yet|
|Mar 5-7||PodFest 2021||Podcast||Orlando, FL||$247|
|Mar 9-11||eTail Germany||Retail||Berlin, Germany||not yet|
|Mar 9-10||The Retail Summit||Retail||Dubai, UAE||not yet|
|Mar 10-11||The MarTech Summit: Bangkok||MarTech||Bangkok, Thailand||$595|
|The MarTech Summit: Bangkok discount code: MTERM200 for $200 off any ticket|
|Mar 16-18||Digital Travel MEA||Industry||Dubai, UAE||$1,499|
|Mar 17-18||IRX & eDX||Retail||Birmingham, UK||not yet|
|Mar 23-24||Savant eCommerce Berlin||Retail||Berlin, Germany||not yet|
|Mar 24-25||#DMWF North America||Digital||New York, NY||not yet|
|Apr 2||eCOM360||Retail||Riga, Latvia||€499|
|Apr 6-8||Web a Quebec 21||Digital||Canada, Quebec||not yet|
|Apr 7-9||Advanced Search Summit||Digital||Napa, CA||$899|
|Apr 15||EiQ: The Intelligent Email Gathering||Atlanta, GA||$695|
|Apr 15||MGS Asia 21 (Mobile Growth Association)||Mobile||online||not yet|
|Apr 20-21||Savant eCommerce London||Retail||London, UK||not yet|
|Apr 25-26||DMIEXPO: Digital & Affiliate Conference||Digital||Tel-Aviv, Israel||$695|
|Apr 26-27||SearchLove New York||Search||New York, NY||$1,299|
|Apr, TBD||Savant eCommerce NY||Retail||New York, NY||not yet|
|May 2-6||Confab||Content||Minneapolis, MN||not yet|
|May 11-12||C3 (Conductor)||Search||New York, NY||not yet|
|May 11||Advanced Email Conference||London, UK||£599|
|May 13||MGS UK 21 (Mobile Growth Association)||Mobile||online||not yet|
|May 17-18||Interact 21||Digital||Columbus, OH||$400|
|May 18-20||Unbounce Call to Action Conference||Conversion||Vancouver, Canada||C$900|
|May 19-20||SMX London||Search||London, UK||not yet|
|May 25-26||Savant eCommerce Amsterdam||Retail||Amsterdam, Netherlands||not yet|
|Jun 2-3||HeroConf: Austin||Austin, TX||PPC||$1,250|
|Jun 2-3||#DMFW Global 2021||Digital||London, UK||not yet|
|Jun 6-8||NRF2021: Forward Together||Retail||New York, NY||not yet|
|Jun 9-10||DigiMarCon Midwest||Digital||Chicago, IL||$697|
|Jun 10-12||Digital Elite Camp||Digital||Laulasmaa, Estonia||not yet|
|Jun 15-16||Savant eCommerce Amsterdam||Retail||Amsterdam, Netherlands||not yet|
|Jun 16-17||DigiMarCon West||Digital||Los Angeles, CA||$797|
|Jun 16-17||The MarTech Summit: Jakarta||MarTech||Jakarta, Indonesia||$595|
|The MarTech Summit: Jakarta discount code: MTERM200 for $200 off any ticket|
|Jun 17||MGS LATAM 21 (Mobile Growth Association)||Mobile||online||not yet|
|Jun 18||MNSearch Summit||Search||St. Paul, MN||not yet|
|Jun 21-24||COLLISION||Other||Toronto, CA||not yet|
|Jun 25||Social Media Day: San Diego||Social||San Diego, CA||not yet|
|Jun 30-Jul 3||London Affiliate Conference||Affiliate||London, UK||not yet|
Q & A
about this page…
What makes this conference list different/better?
We show up every week, usually multiple times per week, year after year. This has many implications:
- We are the first to list many conferences, so you can plan more efficiently and catch more early-bird deals.
- We don’t publish in January and walk away, so you won’t be stuck with an outdated resource mid-year.
- We also don’t hold back next year’s listings until next year, so you’re free to make longer-term plans.
What are the criteria to be included on this list?
At a high level, we’re looking for events that are relevant and noteworthy.
- Relevant means being primarily about digital marketing or some aspect of digital marketing. There are a few exceptions, events that are more general but that many people plan around (i.e. SXSW), but we try to keep them to a minimum.
- Noteworthy means a conference of a decent size that is primarily for learning and networking. This typically does not include smaller workshops, meetups, and company-specific events that are unlikely to be of interest to a wider audience.
Why the ads?
This is one of those rare times when ads add to the content. Astute readers will note that most ads come with MT-specific discount codes.
Who is the author?
Sean ORourke, publisher of MarketingTerms.com and owner of Cleanup Interactive. I don’t publish as many posts as when blogging was new, but on key resources like this, I go obsessively deep.
What are the best digital marketing conferences to attend?
There is no one best conference for everyone, it depends on who you are and what you want. Here are some ways to think about your preferences:
- General vs. Focused – do you want a variety of digital marketing topics, or would you rather go deep into one topic?
- Strategy vs. Tactical – do you respond more to inspirational and big-picture talks, or do you prefer more practical?
- Bigger vs. Smaller and Multi Track vs. Single Track – for you, does more = more opportunities, or more overwhelming?
- Speaker Lineups – how many speakers do you know are good, also how many are high-level/celebrity vs. practitioners?
How can I find the best digital marketing conferences for me?
Here’s how to narrow down 400+ events to a more manageable short list of candidates:
- First, focus on the variable that will eliminate the most conferences. Often this will be the location (city, region or country) or specialty topic (PPC, email, analytics etc.)
- Next, focus on non-negotiable disqualifiers. For many people, this include a price limit.
- Once you have a short list of events, get all the info you can from the official websites. Also look at social media accounts, hashtags or other conversation about the brand.
These events can get expensive. How can I save money?
We hear you! Here are 5 ways to get more for your conference cash.
- Pay attention to the price column above, where each currency symbol represents a $500 range, i.e. $ = $500 to $999.
- Take advantage of early-bird discounts! These can often save 50% of the door price.
- Look for discount codes, many conferences have them. We have listed several MT-specific codes here. Other discounts may be found on MarketingDiscounts.io or carefully-constructed Twitter searches.
- If you are not self-employed, try to get work to pay for it. There are many articles available on how to justify the cost.
- If needed, get scrappy. For example, see if the conference needs any volunteers.
How can I submit my conference for consideration?
Go to this form and enter the relevant information about your event.
NRF Retail’s The Big Show
eCommerce Innovation Summit
The 10x E-commerce Event
Mobile Marketing Retail Summit
Mobile Shopping Europe
Omni Channel Retail Summit
SMX (Search Marketing Expo)
Pubcon (SEO & Digital Marketing)
SearchLove (by Distilled)
International Search Conference
Search Insiders Summit
SEMO Search Industry Forum
Search Marketing Summit Australia
Social Media Week
Social Media Strategies Summit
Social Media Marketing World
Social Tools Summit
Incite Corporate Social Media Summit
Social Media & Web Analytics Innovation
The Social Shake-Up
SocialPro (by Marketing Land)
Social Media Camp