It's an action packed roundup this week. Updated early-bird discounts for conferences, seriously useful browser extensions, two deals I bought the moment I saw them, and unusually good podcast episodes. Enjoy!
It's the beginning of the month, so here are the upcoming early-bird discount deadlines.
- Deadline - Event (City)
- Mar 6 - UnGagged (London)
code: MARKETINGTERMS15 for 15% off
- Mar 10 - Conversion Conference (Las Vegas)
- Mar 10 - Gartner Digital Marketing Conference (San Diego)
- Mar 10 - eMetrics Summit (Chicago)
- Mar 14 - Big Omaha (Omaha)
- Mar 15 - Social Media Camp (Victoria, Canada)
- Mar 15 - INBOUND 2017 (Boston)
- Mar 17 - Digital Marketing World Forum (Amsterdam)
- Mar 17 - Affiliate Management Days (San Francisco)
- Mar 17 - eMetrics Summit (San Francisco)
- Mar 17 - The Corporate Social Media Summit (New York)
- Mar 19 - SMX West (San Jose)
- Mar 23 - Digital Marketing World Forum (London)
- Mar 24 - BEHAVE Annual 2017 (New York)
- Mar 24 - Programmatic Pioneers Summit (London)
- Mar 24 - Incite Summit West (San Francisco)
- Mar 24 - Social Media Week (Los Angeles)
- Mar 24 - Converted 2017 (Minneapolis)
- Mar 25 - MMA Mobile Marketing Leadership Forum (New York)
- Mar 31 - SEMPO Search Industry Forum (Miami)
- Mar 31 - B2B Online 2017 (Chicago)
code: B2B17MT for 25% discount (manufacturers & distributors only)
- Mar 31 - SEJ Summit 2017 Chicago (Chicago)
- Mar 31 - eTail Canada 2017 (Toronto)
- Mar 31 - 3XE Digital (Ireland)
- Mar 31 - Adoble Digital Marketing Symposium (Sydney)
- Mar 31 - GrowthHackers Conference (Los Angeles)
- Mar 31 - SMX Advanced (Seattle)
- Mar 31 - DIGIMARCON West (Santa Monica)
- Mar 31 - Digital Marketing for Financial Services Summit (Toronto)
- Mar 31 - eTail East (Boston)
- Mar 31 - Digital Analytics Hub: US (New Orleans)
- Mar 31 - State of Search (Dallas)
- Mar 31 - NamesCon 2018 (Las Vegas)
- Apr 1 - MarTech USA (San Francisco)
- Apr 3 - Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition (Chicago)
- Apr 5 - The Social Shake-Up (Atlanta)
- Apr 10 - Adobe Summit EMEA (London)
- Apr 28 - Search Marketing Summit (Sydney)
- Apr 30 - DIGIMARCON East (New York)
- Apr 30 - DIGIMARCON Canada (Toronto)
- May 1 - PerformanceIN Live 2017 (London)
- May 12 - Affiliate Summit (New York)
- May 12 - Confab Intensive (Denver)
- May 27 - SMX Paris (Paris)
- Jun 2 - Content Marketing World (Cleveland)
- Jun 2 - GrowCommerce (New York)
- Jun 2 - Conversion Conference (London)
- Jun 2 - eMetrics Summit (London)
- Jun 2 - Email Innovations Summit (London)
- Jun 22 - UnGagged (Las Vegas)
code: MARKETINGTERMS15 for 15% off
- Jun 23- Digital Marketing World Forum: North America (Santa Clara)
more: all conferences
The tools page does not rest! 50+ new browser extensions. Here are some of the highlights. See everything else here: www.marketingterms.com/tools/
- Effin Amazing UTM Builder [Analytics] – Chrome – quickly create UTMs, includes several time-saving features.
- WebRank SEO [Competitors] – Chrome – provides Alexa, Quantcast & Compete Rank + Social Stats + Whois Lookup + Pages Indexed and Backlinks in Google & Bing.
- Writefull [Content] – Chrome – get feedback on your writing instantly.
- Landing Page Checklist by Unbounce [Conversion] – Chrome – check off everything you're doing and see your score add up.
- Project Naptha [Graphics] – Chrome – highlight, copy, edit, and translate text from image on the web.
- Oncrawl SEO page audit [SEO] – Chrome – spot issues with your pages.
- Buffer [Social] – Chrome – share content to multiple social networks.
- Session Buddy [General] - manage your browser sessions; save open tabs more.
more: all tools
A mix of things I've watched and liked, skimmed and liked, or want to remember for later.
Social Media Marketing Talk Show 3/3/2017 - Social Media Examiner
63 min - Caught this live for the first time, it's starting to really grow on me. They cover a decent amount of topics efficiently, focusing on how you can actually apply the news to get an edge.
LIVE: Is YouTube TV's BIG Announcement good for Creators? - Video Creators
51 min - Major TV networks will soon be live streaming on YouTube TV. You'll get access to TV programming with built-in DVR recording and more. What does it mean for creators?
moving from the latest news to some geekier stuff...
5 Disruptions to "Marketing" with CMT, Scott Brinker - MarTech Conference
57 min - Deep dive into the five disruptions currently reshaping the marketing industry, by Chief Marketing Technologist & MarTech Conference Chair, Scott Brinker.
SEMPOChat: 2016 State of Search Survey Results - SEMPO
58 min - Discusses the latest search industry report.
Video Editing Tutorial: How to Edit a Vlog in Premiere Pro, Step by Step - Roberto Blake
42 min - Saving this for later. Roberto Blake is a workflow machine.
more: all channels
SEO Case Study With Brian Dean - Noah Kagan Presents
34 min - Noah has a podcast?!? Rating: 5 tacos 🌮 🌮 🌮 🌮🌮
What You Need to Know About Google's Featured Snippets - After Hours Marketing
27 min - Another newer (and new-to-me) podcast, this is top-notch. Not the usual yada yada. Probably will require a 2nd listen to internalize all of the insights about featured snippets.
YouTube SEO, Monetization & Strategy w/ Roberto Blake - Roberto Blake
65 min - You can listen to a lot of Roberto Blake interviews and still catch a lot of new gems.
Do you have a fan base? - Content Inc. with Joe Pulizzi
4 min - Less than 4 minutes to listen, but budget more time to think about the issues raised.
more: all podcasts
Most major news can be found at one of these roundups.
Marketing Day - daily recap of digital marketing news, from Marketing Land.
SearchCap - daily recap of search engine news, from Search Engine Land.
Online Marketing News - weekly videos on digital marketing news from TopRank.
Social Media Cluster Facts - weekly videos on social media news from Aimclear.
Search Forum Recap - daily recap of the webmaster forums from Barry Schwartz.