Domain appraisals are a controversial topic. Many people have pointed out perceived flaws in the automated tools. Some domain experts even believe all domain appraisals are worthless. Still, as long as there are buyers and sellers, services will try to satisfy their demands. The free services are undeniably fun, just take them with a grain of salt.
Automated Appraisal Tools
- Limited to a few free searches per day.
- Seems to be one of the more respected sites, as far as these services go.
- Marketing.com was estimated at $760,000, for comparison (see below)
- see more at www.estibot.com
- Limited to 7 appraisals per day for free.
- Some estimates apparently factor in past sales, when available.
- Some domains look way off… marketing.com was estimated at > $90 million.
- see more at domainindex.com
Other Sources of Free Appraisals
- Post your domain name for a 100% free domain appraisal (if you get a response).
- see more at www.namepros.com
Fee-Based Appraisal Services
- Independent domain appraisal company.
- 3 levels of domain appraisal service: Basic ($19.99), Premium ($59.99), Enterprise ($149.99)
- see more at www.domainappraisal.org
- Valuations service from the popular domain name marketplace.
- $99 for a premium appraisal.
- see more at www.sedo.com
Sources of Domain Sale Prices
- Free search tool for domain sales from several sources.
- Unfortunately, site says, “Last updated Nov 12, 2013 @05:06:00 PM”
- see more at dnsaleprice.com
- Includes recent news of domain sales from many sources.
- Also includes the current year’s Year-to-Date Top 100 Sales Chart.
- see more at dnjournal.com