Below are all the notable resources we could find for Search Engine Optimization Specialist salaries, making this the most complete way to research salary information for popular digital marketing jobs. The listings include the top-line salary number plus additional features at each site. By combining all the data points and personalization features, you can get a much better idea of your potential salary.
SEO Specialist has a very good amount of salary information available. Not only are there many sources, but they have deeper data than some other SEO positions. For example, careerbliss.com only has 4 salaries listed for SEO Strategist at this time, but they have 117 salaries listed for SEO Specialist. There are also sources that go into more detail on differences due to geography or experience.
If you go searching for additional salary information or job listings, keep in mind these search tips:
– On some sites you may need to use quotes (exact match) to find exactly what you are looking for.
– For this job, spelled-out vs. abbreviation can be an issue, i.e. you might need to search SEO Specialist and Search Engine Optimization Specialist.
MT weighted average salary: $64,603 (more info)
Average $49K for “Senior Search Engine Optimization Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Average $40.3K for “Search Engine Optimization Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Amazing site. Very detailed. Includes a large sample size, plus these features:
– Compensation Breakdown – salary, bonus, profit sharing, commission.
– Salary Range – includes figures for the top and bottom 10% of the range.
– Geographic Differences – average in popular cities vs. national average.
– Experience Levels – late-career, experienced, mid-career, entry-level.
– Desired Skills – that affect salaries for this position.
– Job Satisfaction – average rating based on user votes.
– Gender Stats – percentage of women vs. men in the field.
Average $82K for “SEO Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Average $69K for “Search Engine Optimization Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Helpful site. Key features:
– Salary History – chart of salary history of the last 2 years!
– Geographic Search – search salaries in any city, not just a select few.
Average $48K for “SEO Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Interesting site. Key features:
– Salary Reports by Company – look for companies similar to what you want.
– User Comments – some workers talk about or explain their salary level.
$72.5K to $97.75K for “SEO/SEM Specialist +3 years” as of 2015
$70.5K to $94K for “SEO/SEM Specialist +3 years” as of 2014
$52K to $68.25K for “SEO/SEM Specialist 1 to 3 years” as of 2015
$50.25K to $66.25K for “SEO/SEM Specialist 1 to 3 years” as of 2014
Detailed salary guide report available as a PDF.
– Salary Calculator – site also lets you customize based on job title and location.
note: salaries in interactive start on page 11 of the 2015 report.
note: multiplier for adjusting salaries by city is on page 12 of the 2015.
Average $55K for “Search Engine Optimization Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Average $69K for “SEO Specialist” as of Nov 2014.
Possible useful site. Appears to be a calculation of job listings that have salary info and the search phrase.
(UK) £28K – 67.5K = $44K – 106K for “SEO Specialist” as of July 2013.
(UK) £25K – 50K = $39K – 78K for “SEO Specialist” as of 2012.
Good looking site for the UK.
– Enter your name and email here to get free access to the 2014 salary survey.
see all: Digital Marketing Salaries