Below are all the notable resources we could find for Director of Social Media salaries, making this the most complete way to research salary information for popular digital marketing jobs. The listings include the top-line salary number plus additional features at each site. By combining all the data points and personalization features, you can get a much better idea of your potential salary.
Director of Social Media is one of the most popular digital marketing job titles (per LinkedIn), although it isn’t included at as many salary sites as its Digital Marketing or Ecommerce counterparts. The data that does exist has a lot of variation. The lower end of Mondo’s range ($42K) is unusually low for any Director-level job title. This could partially be due to “salary inflation” where smaller companies let the social media person call themselves “director” instead of “specialist”.
For sites that included both jobs, Directors of Social Media typically made $20K more than Social Media Managers. Compared to other Director-level positions, Social Media made $10K less than SEO, $20K-$25K less than Digital Marketing, and $40-$45K less than Ecommerce.
If you go searching for additional salary information or job listings, keep in mind these search tips:
– On some sites you may need to use quotes (exact match) to find exactly what you are looking for.
– Also, word order can come into play, i.e. Director of Social Media and Social Media Director.
MT weighted average salary: $89,591 (more info)
$42K to $105K for “Director, Social Media” as of 2014-2015.
Report includes salary averages & ranges for a wide range of job titles.
Data by Mondo, a staffing agency for digital marketing & tech talent.
hubspot.com via mondo.com
Average $53.9K for “Social Media Director” as of Nov 2014.
Amazing site. Very detailed. Includes a large sample size, plus these features:
– Compensation Breakdown – salary, bonus, profit sharing, commission.
– Salary Range – includes figures for the top and bottom 10% of the range.
– Geographic Differences – average in popular cities vs. national average.
– Experience Levels – late-career, experienced, mid-career, entry-level.
– Desired Skills – that affect salaries for this position.
– Job Satisfaction – average rating based on user votes.
– Gender Stats – percentage of women vs. men in the field.
Average $99K for “Director of Social Media” as of Nov 2014.
Helpful site. Key features:
– Salary History – chart of salary history of the last 2 years!
– Geographic Search – search salaries in any city, not just a select few.
Average $101K for “Director of Social Media” as of Nov 2014.
Average $131K for “Senior Director of Social Media” as of Nov 2014.
Interesting site. Key features:
– Salary Reports by Company – look for companies similar to what you want.
– User Comments – some workers talk about or explain their salary level.
Medium $98.4K for “Social Media Director” as of 2013.
Salary guide from Crandall Associates, a recruiter of direct and digital marketing professionals. For more current salary data, updated annually by Crandall Associates, click here.
see all: Digital Marketing Salaries