Below are all the notable resources we could find for Director of Search Engine Optimization salaries, making this the most complete way to research salary information for popular digital marketing jobs. The listings include the top-line salary number plus additional features at each site. By combining all the data points and personalization features, you can get a much better idea of your potential salary.
Director of Search Engine Optimization has a decent amount of salary information, although not as much as more popular positions such as Director of Digital Marketing or Direct of Ecommerce.
For sites that included both jobs, Directors of SEO typically made $10K-30K more than SEO Managers (average $20K). Compared to other Director-level positions, SEO made $10K more than Social Media, $10K-$15K less than Digital Marketing, and $30-$35K less than Ecommerce.
If you go searching for additional salary information or job listings, keep in mind these search tips:
– On some sites you may need to use quotes (exact match) to find exactly what you are looking for.
– For this job, spelled-out vs. abbreviation can be an issue, i.e. you might need to search Director of SEO and Director of Search Engine Optimization.
– Also, word order can come into play, i.e. Director of SEO and SEO Director.
MT weighted average salary: $101,109 (more info)
Job Seekers: Get Noticed, Get Interviewed, Get Hired.
Fixers of 100,000+ resumes, the team at ResumeEdge will create a resume from scratch or overhaul an existing resume.
Employers: Post to 50+ Job Boards with One Submission.
Used by 250,000+ companies, everything about ZipRecruiter is designed to make hiring faster, easier and cheaper.
$100K to $150K for “Director, SEO/SEM” as of 2014-2015.
Report includes salary averages & ranges for a wide range of job titles.
Data by Mondo, a staffing agency for digital marketing & tech talent.
hubspot.com via mondo.com
Average $83.1K for “Search Engine Optimization Director” as of Nov 2014.
Amazing site. Very detailed. Includes a large sample size, plus these features:
– Compensation Breakdown – salary, bonus, profit sharing, commission.
– Salary Range – includes figures for the top and bottom 10% of the range.
– Geographic Differences – average in popular cities vs. national average.
– Experience Levels – late-career, experienced, mid-career, entry-level.
– Desired Skills – that affect salaries for this position.
– Job Satisfaction – average rating based on user votes.
– Gender Stats – percentage of women vs. men in the field.
Average $89K for “Director of SEO” as of Nov 2014
Average $100K for “SEO Director” as of Nov 2014
Average $120K for “Director of Search Engine Optimization” as of Nov 2014.
Helpful site. Key features:
– Salary History – chart of salary history of the last 2 years!
– Geographic Search – search salaries in any city, not just a select few.
Average $86K for “Director of SEO” as of Nov 2014.
Interesting site. Key features:
– Salary Reports by Company – look for companies similar to what you want.
– User Comments – some workers talk about or explain their salary level.
see all: Digital Marketing Salaries