A person responsible for managing an online affiliate program for an affiliate merchant.
Typical activities include:
- Recruit new affiliates and screen applications
- Provide customer service to existing affiliates
- Maintain the creative units and promotions.
- Report on the affiliate program activity.
- Finding new ways to increase performance through the affiliate marketing channel.
Affiliate management may be in-house (using a company’s own employee) or outsourced (using a 3rd-party specialist company). For in-house arrangement, larger programs may have a full-time affiliate manager position, or even a dedicated affiliate management team. Companies with smaller affiliate programs may assign the affiliate management tasks to a digital marketing generalist. Or they may work with an outsourced affiliate management company. These outside companies alleviate the issue of maintaining a right-sized staff, while providing experience and relationships within the affiliate marketing industry.
5 Questions For Top Affiliate Manager Josh Spaulding
Marketing Land (July 27, 2012)